2013 Ferrari F12berlinetta
Auction ended on 20 June 2023
✔️ Motorsport-inspired specification
✔️ Recent recommissioning by Carrs Ferrari
✔️ 24,500 miles
✔️ Full and detailed Ferrari service history
"Fernando is faster than you... Can you confirm you understood that message?"
In 2012, Ferrari launched a special edition of the 599 GTB HGTE to commemorate 60 years of Formula 1 success. On 14th July 1951, Frolian Gonzalez in his 375 F1 gave the Scuderia its first-ever World Championship victory at Silverstone. Fast forward 60 years to 10th July 2011, and Fernando Alonso gave the team its first victory of the season in the 150⁰ Italia at the very same Northamptonshire circuit.
This F12berlinetta has taken inspiration from the previous generation's special edition
A total of 40 cars were produced in three exterior livery options: 375 F1 Livery and two options for the 2011 150⁰ Italia. However, the vast majority, if not all, opted for the more extroverted 2013 F1 car livery which subsequently became known as the 'Alonso Edition' which now commands a hefty price premium.
In 2012, Ferrari replaced the 599 GTB with a new 12-cylinder flagship, the F12berlinetta, launched at the Geneva Motor Show. Alonso remained at Ferrari until the end of the 2014 season, but no Alonso edition of the F12 was ever produced, despite customer outcry for a continuation of the team driver association with flagship production cars.
This 2013 Rosso Scuderia F12berlinetta has taken inspiration from the previous generation's special edition, complete with the white accents from the era's racing division liveries and the telltale 'ALO' cherished plate, the car fills the need for the continued association to the next, and arguably, greatest generation of 12-cylinder Berlinetta. It too, has the motorsport-derived optional Alcantara interior in contrast to the normal full-leather, with further highlighted motorsport credentials of striking red accent seatbelts and carpets.
Although they share a similar aesthetic, this car is not to be confused with the Tailor Made F12berlinetta SG50 edition that was created much later in the F12's production phase. The SG50 is a one-of-one 50th-anniversary celebration of Singapore's independence that also features a predominantly red exterior with white accents.
The F12berlinetta gave rise to a new epoch of Ferrari history. One which pioneered the first ‘downsized’ two-seater GT in a lower, shorter, narrower and lighter format than its predecessors, owing in part to an aluminum space frame chassis developed in partnership with Scaglietti helping towards this F12's spectacular performance figures.
At its release in 2012, the F12berlinetta was the most powerful road-going Ferrari ever produced, a fact recognised by numerous awards including being named 'The Supercar of the Year 2012' by Top Gear Magazine and winning the 'International Engine of the Year Award 2013' for 'Best Performance Engine' and 'Best Engine above 4.0 Litres'.
Cutting-edge aerodynamics developed from the 599XX and Ferrari F1 programs were used in the development, including Aero Bridges on the front flanks creating downforce. Moreover, the F12berlinetta has active brake cooling ducts; opening when the brakes are hot to provide a flow of cold air, but otherwise remain closed to produce an uninterrupted smoother airflow around the front of the car.
Overall the Ferrari F12berlinetta provides beautiful aerodynamic-led styling, exhilarating performance and an intoxicating exhaust note, all characteristics that set this car apart from even the greatest 12-cylinders to emerge from Maranello, with this particular example being inspired by one of the all-time favourite drivers of the Tifosi.
Special thanks to our partner Motorsport Memorabilia for the use of their genuine Alonso race suit (signed by Fernando Alonso) as shown in the photo gallery. The suit is available to purchase separately, please inquire for further details
- Rosso Scuderia paint
- Charcoal Alcantara interior
- Nuovo Rosso carpets
- AFS1 - AFS headlight system
- ATEL - Atelier car
- CALY - yellow brake calipers
- CRS1 - cruise control
- CSB1 - Coloured safety belts ROSSE
- DAAL - Alcantara & leather interior
- DSH5 - Charcoal upper dashboard
- EMPH - Cavallino stitched in headrest ROSSO
- EMR1 - outer mirror black insert
- HAW1 - heat insulating windscreen
- INST - instrument panel in GIALLO
- LOGO - Scuderia Ferrari shields
- MIR2 - electrochromic mirrors
- PAC1 - parking camera
- PEXS - sport sill cover
- PIP4 - painted inner insert
- SPEC - special features
- STC1 - coloured standard stitching ROSSO
- STW1 - coloured steering wheel CHARCOAL
- TPM0 - tyre pressure measurement
- TYMX - Michelin tyres
- ULEZ - upper part in coloured leather CHARCOAL
- WHE1 - 20" forged alloy wheels in Satin Grey
Supplied with the car is the original wallet, instruction books and service schedule. Of special note is the car's most recent service which was performed by Carrs of Exeter Ferrari, the original supplying dealer and included work totaling over £5,000.
- 09/08/2013 - Pre-Delivery Inspection, carried out by Carrs of Exeter Ferrari
- 10/10/2014 at 3,705 miles - Service, carried out by Carrs of Exeter Ferrari
- 07/01/2015 - Number plate change
- 09/09/2015 at 4,110 miles - Service, carried out by JCT600 Ferrari
- 10/09/2015 - Registered owner change
- 09/11/2015 - Number plate change
- 14/01/2016 - Number plate change
- 03/02/2016 - Registered owner change
- 08/02/2016 - Number plate change
- 24/08/2016 at 9,928 miles - Service, carried out by H.R. Owen Ferrari
- 25/08/2016 at 9,928 miles - MOT, first-time pass
- 04/11/2017 at 13,974 miles - MOT, clean first-time pass
- 17/11/2017 at 14,238 miles - Service, carried out by H.R. Owen Ferrari
- 07/01/2019 at 16,406 miles - MOT, first time pass
- 16/01/2019 at 16,406 miles - Service, carried out by H.R. Owen Ferrari
- 14/01/2020 at 18,869 miles - Service, carried out by H.R. Owen Ferrari
- 15/01/2020 at 18,871 miles - MOT, first time pass
- 02/09/2020 - Number plate change
- 28/01/2021 at 21,209 miles - MOT, clean first-time pass
- 27/02/2021 at 21,210 miles - Service, carried out by Lancaster Colchester Ferrari
- 04/06/2021 - Registered owner change
- 11/06/2021 - Number plate change
- 23/03/2022 at 23,622 miles - MOT, clean first-time pass
- 24/09/2022 - Registered owner change
- 05/10/2022 at 24,819 miles - MOT
- 07/10/2022 at 24,819 miles - Service, carried out by Carrs of Exeter Ferrari*
- 10/10/2022 - Number plate change
- 18/10/2022 - Full refurbishment of alloy wheels - £432.00
- 10/11/2022 at 24,823 miles - Interior panels re-bonded and rear shelf covers recovered in Alcantara, carried out by Carrs of Exeter Ferrari - £658.08
* The most recent '8th year' service included replacing additional items including the auxiliary belts, DTC oil, differential oil, coolant and brake fluid. Also replaced at this time was the high-level brake light, front and rear number plates (showing the included 'ALO' cherished registration), new wiper blades, 4 wheel centre caps, exhaust clamp bracket, a new O/S/R speed sensor and a re-gas of the air conditioning system. This work came to a total of £4,353.72.
Buy now: £79,575
𐃏 RHD ⏲ 33,000 miles
Buy now: £235,000
𐃏 RHD ⏲ 13,300 miles
Buy now: £92,700
𐃏 RHD ⏲ 15,115 miles
Buy now: £74,427
𐃏 RHD ⏲ 4,501 miles