2010 Alfa Romeo 8C Spider
For a more traditional approach we have introduced our fixed-price buy-now service. All the benefits of our auctions are included and the no haggle price includes all fees, so the price you see is the price you pay. Buy now
✔️ Very Low Mileage Example
✔️ Stunning Condition
✔️ Attractive Specification
✔️ One of only 35 UK-supplied cars
The Alfa Romeo 8C Spider encapsulates the heritage of the Milanese brand in a gorgeous, open-top two-seater grand tourer with nostalgic design lines, a deep V8 soundtrack and here, resplendent in the historic Alfa Red, complete with the four-leaf clover good luck charms adorning the front wings which can be traced back to the racing Alfa Romeo RL of the 1920’s.
Heritage too, influenced the in-house design by the Centro Stile Alfa Romeo, under the leadership of Wolfgang Egger where the lines were mainly inspired by the 1967 33 Stradale and its front-engine rear-wheel drive proportions had a strong essence of the 1963 Giulia TZ not to mention the name itself, lifted from the 1931 8C which also featured an eight-cylinder engine.
This two-owner example presents in outstanding condition having only covered 3,275 miles
Just 35 official UK examples were built of the 500 produced globally, this UK car is no. 234/500.
The company first unveiled the 8C Spider Concept in 2005 at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, winning the prestigious 'Best of the Show' award. The production 8C Spider premiered at the 2008 Geneva Motor Show and went into production the following year.
The 8C Spider carried over most of the design elements of the Coupe, with some discreet changes; it featured a dark background for the headlight cluster, matte aluminum trim on the intakes and scudetto grille, black mesh side vents, five-spoke tele-dial wheels, contrast windscreen frame and mirror caps, conventional door handles and a redesigned tail with a more prominent rear bumper and diffuser.
To compensate for the loss of the coupe's rigid carbon fibre roof, the design team linked the suspension towers with cross-braces - both at the front and rear - and bracing running behind the sills ensure a solid link between the front and rear subframes. As expected, this additional bracing comes with a slight weight penalty - only 90kg, evenly distributed, in part thanks to the Spider-only Brembo carbon-ceramic braking system shaving off a few important kilos. The suspension components also felt improvements, with higher spring rates combined with dampers with softer bump settings. The rebound was left unchanged, however, and together led to what some described as a more rewarding drive than the coupe.
The Spider was produced in Modena at the Maserati factory, based upon a steel chassis clothed with a carbon-fiber body. Under the bonnet sits a Maserati-sourced all-alloy cross-plane, 90-degree V8 engine, which for the 8C was enlarged to 4.7 litres. Power was increased over its original 4.2 litre guise to 444bhp and 480Nm while providing the car with a roaring note and burble from its quadruple exhaust pipes. A sequential six-speed gearbox with paddle shifters sourced from the Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano sends power to the rear wheels, with the help of a limited-slip differential.
This particular two-owner example presents in outstanding condition having only covered 3,275 miles from new, and has been with its second owner since 2012. We have been informed the car has never been used in the rain and has been recently fitted with four new tyres, replaced not due to wear, but age. Originally specified with over £10,000 of optional extras and includes a leather wallet, all booklets, service book, service invoices, MOT certificates and other associated paperwork.
- Alfa Red (Original Alfa Romeo racing colour)
- Terra di Sienna Frau full grain leather interior
- Cream leather stitching: £236.00
- Backrest partition and central console leather upholstery: £2,514.00
- Perforated design 'Dark Shining Silver' alloy wheels: £3,064.00
- Yellow painted calipers: £864.00
- Cloverleaf wing badges: £629.00
- Passenger side aluminum footrest: £275.00
- Leather finished Roll Hoops with carbon fiber cover: £275.00
- 500 'limited edition' plaque, personalised with the build number and country flag: £353.00
- Bose Hi-Fi sound system: £2,514.00
- Pictogram Navigation system: £1,021.00
- Floor mats: £196.00
- Fire extinguisher: £353.00
- 30/07/2010 - First registered at Graypaul Nottingham
- 13/01/2011 at 339 miles - 1st service, carried out by Graypaul Nottingham
- 18/11/2011 at 568 miles - 2nd service, carried out by Graypaul Nottingham
- 12/12/2011 - Number plate change
- 08/03/2012 - Purchased by 2nd owner
- 11/06/2012 - Number plate change
- 23/04/2014 at 1,105 miles - 3rd service, carried out by Graypaul Nottingham
- 01/04/2014 at 1,059 miles - MOT, clean first time pass
- 22/04/2015 at 2,265 miles - MOT, clean first time pass
- 25/04/2016 at 2,675 miles - MOT, first time pass (advisory for undertrays fitted)
- 09/03/2017 at 2,914 miles - 4th service, carried out by Graypaul Nottingham
- 26/04/2017 at 2,914 miles - MOT, clean first time pass
- 26/04/2018 at 2,915 miles - MOT, clean first time pass
- 14/05/2020 at 3,094 miles - MOT, clean first time pass
- 31/07/2020 at 3,096 miles - 5th service, carried out by Joe Macari Servicing
- 03/06/2021 at 3,254 miles - MOT, clean first time pass
- 11/06/2022 at 3,263 miles - MOT, 2nd time pass due to front number plate missing
- 05/05/2023 - Number plate change
You may also like...
2021 Ariel Nomad R
Buy now: £95,000
✔️ 1 of only 6 examples produced by Ariel ✔️ 1 owner and only 1,544 miles ✔️ £28,000 of options
2015 Ariel Atom 3.5 R
Buy now: £69,990
✔️ One of only 12 original factory 3.5 R's ✔️ Impressive 'must have' specification ✔️ Rare manual transmission option
2011 Audi R8 Spider V8 Manual
Buy now: £44,520
✔️ 6-speed manual transmission ✔️ 30,500 miles ✔️ Ibis White over Black in excellent condition
1969 Aston Martin DB6
Buy now: £349,000
✔️ Continuous, documented history from its 4 owners ✔️ Extensive restoration and engine rebuild ✔️ Arguably one of the best examples available
The three Ps of PaddlUp
Our used supercars are vetted and verified prior to consignment, so you can rest assured that everything in The Gallery – our purpose-built showroom – is held to the highest possible standards.Seal of Approval
A team you can trust who live and breathe supercars. There’s no smoke and no mirrors here. We want to know what makes you tick so we can match the right car to the right person.Real supercars real people
The associated costs of our premium supercar sales service are covered by a unique approach to fees. Buyers and sellers share the responsibility of covering costs in a 50/50 split.A problem shared is a problem halved