2010 Alfa Romeo 8C Spider
For a more traditional approach we have introduced our fixed-price buy-now service. All the benefits of our auctions are included and the no haggle price includes all fees, so the price you see is the price you pay. Buy now
At a Glance:
+ Surely The Best Example Available
+ Stunning Condition
+ Attractive & Historic Specification
+ One of only 35 UK-supplied cars
This two-owner example presents in outstanding condition having only covered 3,275 miles
Equipment & Features:
- Alfa Red (Original Alfa Romeo racing colour)
- Terra di Sienna Frau full grain leather interior
- Cream leather stitching: £236.00
- Backrest partition and central console leather upholstery: £2,514.00
- Perforated design 'Dark Shining Silver' alloy wheels: £3,064.00
- Yellow painted calipers: £864.00
- Cloverleaf wing badges: £629.00
- Passenger side aluminium footrest: £275.00
- Leather finished Roll Hoops with carbon fibre cover: £275.00
- 500 'limited edition' plaque - build number and country flag: £353.00
- Bose Hi-Fi sound system: £2,514.00
- Pictogram Navigation system: £1,021.00
- Floor mats: £196.00
- Fire extinguisher: £353.00
- 30/07/2010 - First registered at Graypaul Nottingham
- 13/01/2011 at 339 miles - 1st service, carried out by Graypaul Nottingham
- 18/11/2011 at 568 miles - 2nd service, carried out by Graypaul Nottingham
- 12/12/2011 - Number plate change
- 08/03/2012 - Purchased by 2nd owner
- 11/06/2012 - Number plate change
- 23/04/2014 at 1,105 miles - 3rd service, carried out by Graypaul Nottingham
- 01/04/2014 at 1,059 miles - MOT, clean first time pass
- 22/04/2015 at 2,265 miles - MOT, clean first time pass
- 25/04/2016 at 2,675 miles - MOT, first time pass (advisory for undertrays)
- 09/03/2017 at 2,914 miles - 4th service, carried out by Graypaul Nottingham
- 26/04/2017 at 2,914 miles - MOT, clean first time pass
- 26/04/2018 at 2,915 miles - MOT, clean first time pass
- 14/05/2020 at 3,094 miles - MOT, clean first time pass
- 31/07/2020 at 3,096 miles - 5th service, carried out by Joe Macari Servicing
- 03/06/2021 at 3,254 miles - MOT, clean first time pass
- 11/06/2022 at 3,263 miles - MOT, 2nd time pass due to front number plate missing
- 05/05/2023 - Number plate change
The Alfa Romeo 8C Spider encapsulates the heritage of the Milanese brand in a gorgeous, open-top two-seater grand tourer with nostalgic design lines, a deep V8 soundtrack and here, resplendent in the historic Alfa Red, complete with the four-leaf clover good luck charms adorning the front wings which can be traced back to the racing Alfa Romeo RL of the 1920’s.
Heritage too, influenced the in-house design by the Centro Stile Alfa Romeo, under the leadership of Wolfgang Egger where the lines were mainly inspired by the 1967 33 Stradale and its front-engine rear-wheel drive proportions had a strong essence of the 1963 Giulia TZ not to mention the name itself, lifted from the 1931 8C which also featured an eight-cylinder engine.
Just 35 official UK examples were built of the 500 produced globally, this UK car is no. 234/500.
The company first unveiled the 8C Spider Concept in 2005 at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, winning the prestigious 'Best of the Show' award. The production 8C Spider premiered at the 2008 Geneva Motor Show and went into production the following year.
The 8C Spider carried over most of the design elements of the Coupe, with some discreet changes; it featured a dark background for the headlight cluster, matte aluminum trim on the intakes and scudetto grille, black mesh side vents, five-spoke tele-dial wheels, contrast windscreen frame and mirror caps, conventional door handles and a redesigned tail with a more prominent rear bumper and diffuser.
To compensate for the loss of the coupe's rigid carbon fibre roof, the design team linked the suspension towers with cross-braces - both at the front and rear - and bracing running behind the sills ensure a solid link between the front and rear subframes. As expected, this additional bracing comes with a slight weight penalty - only 90kg, evenly distributed, in part thanks to the Spider-only Brembo carbon-ceramic braking system shaving off a few important kilos. The suspension components also felt improvements, with higher spring rates combined with dampers with softer bump settings. The rebound was left unchanged, however, and together led to what some described as a more rewarding drive than the coupe.
The Spider was produced in Modena at the Maserati factory, based upon a steel chassis clothed with a carbon-fiber body. Under the bonnet sits a Maserati-sourced all-alloy cross-plane, 90-degree V8 engine, which for the 8C was enlarged to 4.7 litres. Power was increased over its original 4.2 litre guise to 444bhp and 480Nm while providing the car with a roaring note and burble from its quadruple exhaust pipes. A sequential six-speed gearbox with paddle shifters sourced from the Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano sends power to the rear wheels, with the help of a limited-slip differential.
This particular stunning two-owner example presents in outstanding condition, having covered a mere 3,275 miles from new and has been with its second owner since 2012. A rarity in Alfa Red, this 8C encapsulates Alfa Romeos heritage both in name and colour, with the high specification and stunning condition being a credit to its current and previous owner.
We have been informed the car has never been used in the rain and has been recently fitted with four new tyres, replaced not due to wear, but age. Originally specified with over £10,000 of optional extras and includes a leather wallet, all booklets, service book, service invoices, MOT certificates and other associated paperwork.
It is safe to say, this is arguably the best combination of specification, heritage and condition available today.