Paddlup Ltd who’s registered office is at The PaddlUp Rooms, Callow Park, Brinkworth, SN15 5FD is committed to protecting and respecting any personal information you share with us.
This statement explains what types of information we collect from you, how it is used by us, how we share it with others, how you can manage the information we hold and how you can contact us.
The contents of this statement may change from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure you are still happy to share your information with us. Where possible, we will also contact you directly to notify you of these changes.
The Information we collect
We collect information about you when you engage with us either through our call center, our website, other digital platforms or our partners. Some of this information does not identify you personally but provides us with information about how you use our services and engage with us (we use this information to improve our services and make them more useful to you). The information we collect includes some or all of the following:
- Your personal details including name, date of birth, address, employment, and contact details
- Your banking and financial information where you may provide it (including income, expenditure, and previous credit history)
- Information about your lifestyle and homeownership
- Identifiers assigned to your computer or other devices, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address
- Details of communications between us (for example emails or call recordings)
- Any other information which you may provide to us
How we use this information and the legal basis for processing
We will only process information that is necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected. The legal basis of processing will vary depending on the type of service you have requested and we have listed some examples of our processing activities below;
- Administering your vehicle quotes and policies (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
- Carrying out anti-fraud and anti-money laundering checks and verifying your identity (as is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
- Assessing financial risks, including by carrying out credit reference checks and credit scoring assessments, (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
- Broking your finance agreement and any related services (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
- Using your payment details to process payments or refunds relating to a service provided by us (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
- Sending you information about your end of contract obligations and how to renew your vehicle hire agreement (as is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations);
- Communicating with you about your quotes and policies including responding to your inquiries (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
- Administering debt recoveries, where you owe us money under a contract or otherwise (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
- Undertaking market research and statistical analysis, including analysing your use of our website. This allows us to develop new, or improve existing, products and services (as is necessary for our legitimate interests); and
- Fulfilling our obligations owed to a relevant regulator or authority (as is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests).
Our "legitimate interests" as referred to in this document include our legitimate business purposes and commercial interests in operating our business in a customer-focused, efficient and sustainable manner, in accordance with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
Automated Decisions and Profiling
We will never make automated decisions when processing your data nor will we use profiling techniques.
How do we share this information?
We do not sell your information to third parties, but we do work closely with third-party suppliers who fulfill business activities for us. In these situations, we will only share the information that is necessary for the third party to perform the processing activity it was provided for, such as;
- third party service providers who support the operation of our business, such as IT and marketing suppliers, financial service providers, delivery companies, dealer groups, and debt collection agencies (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
- third party insurance providers (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests).
- fraud prevention agencies and associations, (as is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
- regulators and law enforcement agencies, including the police, the Financial Conduct Authority or any other relevant authority who may have jurisdiction (as is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations).
Some of these third parties may also be considered a data controller in respect of holding your personal data. In these cases, we will provide you with the privacy statements of those parties.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will not hold your personal information for any longer than is necessary. If you are a customer or otherwise have a relationship with us we will hold personal information about you for a longer period than if we have obtained your details in connection with a prospective relationship. In any event, the retention period will be the statutory retention period unless there is a further legal or regulatory requirement to do so.
Google Ads Retargeting
Google Ads Remarketing is a Remarketing and behavioural targeting service provided by Google. It connects the activity of www.paddlup.com with the Ads advertising network.
We use Google Ads Remarketing to advertise Paddlup LTD throughout the Internet. Ads remarketing displays relevant ads to you based on pages of Paddlup LTD that you have viewed. It does this by placing a cookie on your machine. Importantly this cookie does not in anyway identify you or give us access to your computer. The cookie allows us to show you relevant adverts across the Google Advertising Network based on your previous browsing of www.paddlup.com.
You can opt out of Google Ads Remarketing by visiting www.google.com/settings/ads
You can opt out of all third party cookie advertising by visiting www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
Paddlup LTD uses, through its Website, the Facebook retargeting service to advertise on Facebook to previous visitors to our Website. Facebook retargeting is a retargeting and behavioural targeting service provided by Facebook.
Facebook retargeting displays relevant advertisements to you based on pages of the www.paddlup.com Website that you have viewed by placing a cookie on your computer. This cookie does not identify you or give us access to your computer. The cookie allows us to show you relevant advertisements across the Facebook Network based on your previous browsing of the www.paddlup.com website.
You can opt out of all third party cookie advertising by visiting www.networkadvertising.org/choices
LinkedIn Insight Tag
We use LinkedIn insight tag to understand how our media campaigns work and how you interact with our website in order to improve user experience. We also use it for website retargeting, conversion tracking and website demographics. This is what LinkedIn says about Insight Tag: The LinkedIn Insight Tag enables the collection of data regarding members’ visits to your website, including the URL, referrer, IP address, device and browser characteristics, timestamp, and page views. This data is encrypted, then de-identified within seven days, and the de-identified data is deleted within 90 days. LinkedIn does not share the personal data with the website owner, it only provides aggregated reports about the website audience and ad performance. LinkedIn also provides retargeting for website visitors, enabling the website owner to show personalized ads off its website by using this data, but without identifying the member. LinkedIn members can control the use of their personal data for advertising purposes through their account settings.
You can opt out of LinkedIn Insight Tag by visiting www.linkedin.com/psettings/guest-controls/retargeting-opt-out.
How can you manage the information we hold about you?
Under the data protection act, you have certain rights in relation to the data we hold about you. Under GDPR these rights are extended and listed below;
- to obtain access to, and copies of, the personal information that we hold about you;
- to require that we cease processing your personal information if the processing is causing you damage or distress;
- to require us not to send you marketing communications.
- to require us to erase your personal information;
- to require us to restrict or object to our data processing activities;
- to receive from us the personal information we hold about you which you have provided to us, in a reasonable format specified by you, including for the purpose of you transmitting that personal information to another data controller; and
- to require us to correct the personal information we hold about you if it is incorrect.
Also note, phone calls may be recorded for training purposes.
Please note that these rights may be limited by data protection legislation, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
If you have a complaint regarding any aspect of how we handle your personal information, please write to us at the above address. If you are still not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may write to the Information Commissioner's Office at the following address:
Information Commissioner's Office
You can also contact the Information Commissioner's Office using their online form: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/
The three Ps of PaddlUp
Our used supercars are vetted and verified prior to consignment, so you can rest assured that everything in The Gallery – our purpose-built showroom – is held to the highest possible standards.Seal of Approval
A team you can trust who live and breathe supercars. There’s no smoke and no mirrors here. We want to know what makes you tick so we can match the right car to the right person.Real supercars real people
The associated costs of our premium supercar sales service are covered by a unique approach to fees. Buyers and sellers share the responsibility of covering costs in a 50/50 split.A problem shared is a problem halved